So, just like that another month has flown by. I am so grateful to have found The B-Side. It’s really helping me to say no to my fears and take action towards accomplishing my goals. Below you’ll find my business goals, successes and challenges.
LAST MONTHS BUSINESS GOALS AND RESULTS:
Commit to publishing at least 2 blog posts a weekI did accomplish this goal and published at least 2 blog posts a week (YAY!) Although it was difficult at times, I’m proud that I was able to follow through. Will continue to work on publishing at least 2 posts a week and delivering fresh content
Brainstorm at least 3 project ideas I can use on my blog to inspire/encourage/coach other women-I’m happy to say that I did brainstorm some ideas and have committed to one that I plan to share with my Queen in the Shadows family in the near future. Stay tuned for details. Also, with the help and encouragement of a close friend, we are also planning an event for this September with the purpose of encouraging college/young adult women to discover their purpose and passion & taking action towards achieving success. Although nervous, I’m super excited and look forward to seeing it unfold.
- Write a new draft outline for my book Although I did work on the concept for my book and took notes describing the content I wanted it to include, I didn’t complete the outline. Hence, why I was unable to strike through this goal. This month, I will do better and work on striking through this goal. Come on Sonia!!
Read a spoken word piece at an open mic. Ahhhh!!– I am proud to say that I did read my spoken word piece at an open mic. The audience wasn’t what I expected, so I almost turned around and went home. But a friend of mines convinced me to stay. I successfully read my piece and the audience loved it and gave me positive feedback. Super proud of myself! Although I was a nervous wreck, sweating n’ all, I will definitely do it again.
- Work with professional on branding.
Create blog logo– I did contact a professional on branding and was so excited to work with her on transforming my blog, but at the last minute, my finances didn’t allow for me to work with her 😦 However, I did some research and Rekita of Rekita Nicole Designs was able to help create a logo for my blog within my budget until I was able to afford the re-branding package. What do you guys think of it? I would love to know which one you like best by commenting below 🙂
THIS MONTHS BUSINESS GOALS:
- Complete new draft outline for my first book and start the writing process
- Write query letter and article to submit to magazine for publishing – I would love to establish myself as a freelance writer. This month I will commit to writing an article and submitting to major magazine for publishing. There’s no harm in reaching high and trying, right? 🙂
- Finalize details on Leading Lady Project by July 14th and have ready to share with Queen in the Shadows Family on August 1st.
- Continue to work on my first event scheduled for September. Have all details finalized this month
- Finding consistent time to write (blog posts & work on my book) is still a challenge for me. I need to work on creating a concise schedule where I commit to writing. I will try to incorporate at minimum 1 hour to write, after I put baby girl down to sleep and before I lay my head down and catch some Zzzz’s. I will also attempt to block out timeI will also continue to use my lunch breaks and any other free time I have to write
CURRENT SUCCESS/ WHAT’S WORKING:
- The Mastermind Group – This group is really helping me to remain accountable and work on putting my goals down in front of me. I am grateful for the resources and inspiration the group offers.
You can join The B-side too – Just click the button below. Happy July & Cheers to Goal Setting & Entrepreneurial Women! Woop Woop! 😀